What’s to come from the final installment of the street fighter 4 series and the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken
I’m back from holiday did you miss me? Nah, I didn’t think so.
There was alot of interesting games shown off at captivate 2011, but the fighters caught my attention the most.
Starting off with;
Street Fighter X Tekken;
This game was announced last year with a few trailers – One for gameplay and one for cinematics. Well this time around it’s no different.
So we finally have our first 10 characters for this game and honestly i’m loving the look of it already, In my opinion I think we’ll have to wait until 2012 to see it at retail, so we got a long way to go considering Mortal Kombat 9 at the end of this month but wait… There is something else to look forward to;
Street Fighter 4; Arcade Edition;
The final installment in the Street fighter 4 series according to Seth Killian himself and they hope to go out in a bang!
• Updated Character Balancing: Features all new character balancing, further refining gameplay. According to the trailer, it’s the same balancing that’s in the current Arcade Edition, although rumors maintain there will be additional tweaks.
• All playable SSFIV characters will be unlocked out of the box, including Yun & Yang, Oni, and Evil Ryu.
• There will be alternative costumes for Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni.
Updated Replay Channel
• Replay Follower: Be able to follow up to 5 separate player replays making it easier to find your favorite players’ latest replay.
• My Channel Advanced: Allows players to distribute their replay data to up to 50 players.
• Elite Channel: Watch replay data from elite players who have a rating of 3000 player points (PP) or more
Yes, you did read that correctly, ‘Out of the box’ Not only is “Arcade Edition” coming as Downloadable content for those who own Super Street Fighter 4, But also as a full retail version.
DLC release date: June 7, 2011
DLC Price: $14.99 USD
Disc release date: June 24, 2011 for Europe, 28th in North America 30th in Japan.
Roster size: 39 people on the roster (with the additions of Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni).
Here is the video explaining all I just explained if you didn’t wanna read it all;
Here is a gameplay trailer of the brand new Oni Akuma vs Evil Ryu also shown at captivate;
I honestly cant wait for this game and I think it’ll be a lot of fun to play… But I’m always interested to what you guys have to say so don’t forget to comment! Do you think this’ll over take Mortal Kombat 9 in sales?